We have great news from Shurubu Karimova, senior instructor of “Ala-Too” International University
November 25, 2020
I have participated in International Staff Training Week, SUT ISTW 2020, on 19-22 October, 2020. Because of COVID 19, it was online. Thematic areas were the following:
- October 19, 2020 Teaching and assessment methods in telecollaboration and online resources.
- October 20, 2020 Intercultural communication. Development of transferable skills for living and working globally.
- October 21, 2020 Good practices in Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL). Interdisciplinary collaboration between teachers of different subject areas in order to develop students’ competences for employability.
- October 22, 2020 Integrating Virtual Exchange in university courses. Institutional support, initiatives and challenges.
During the International Staff Training Week university lecturers from different countries have discussed the challenges that the world has faced because of pandemic situation. We have identified that all of us have had almost the same problems, and shared our experiences of using different platforms, methods of teaching, evaluating, assessing, grading, etc. Fortunately, I have realized that our university is one of the best that could re-load adjusting to the new situation and programming our OCS system, and all the other available opportunities. And, I have earned a Certificate for Active participation. (Attached)
As a result, I have two international online projects:
- Two-side Online Project with SUT (Silesian University of Technology) – Starts in December 2020 and finishes in April 2021. The Project will be on the bases of CLIL – Content Language Integrated Learning, where ELL 19, ELL 20 students participate.
- Four-side Online Project: Distant learning - problem or challenge? The partners are: Ukrainian State University of Railway Transport, Politechnika Śląska, University of Bihać and Ala-Too International University. It has already started, and finishes on December 16, 2020 with the Online Conference. SI -20, SI -19 students participate.
And domestic projects:
- Online Joint Project with Osh State University: “The hardest thing for human being is to be a human every day”. The project is devoted to Chingiz Aitmatov’s birthday.The Conference is on the 12th of December. Students of ELL20, ELL 18, SI – 20, SI-19 are the participants. It has already started its organization activities.
- Online Conference for all my groups where I teach: “The hardest thing for human being is to be a human every day”. The project is devoted to Chingiz Aitmatov’s birthday.
- It is on the 10th of December, 2020.